Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Gregarious

Today the chaplain interns and the chaplain residents went on a "retreat" to the house on the hill. We ate well. There was a great view. I don't feel like something is really a retreat unless at least half the time is unstructured. That being said, it was really just more work.

On the way out there, I passed this flock of pink flamingos that were standing perfectly still on the side of the road. They reminded me of the many ways we define an organism--a flock being a multi-bodied organism, much like a church. It is both a single body and a multi-body entity.

That is kind of how chaplain services seem to work in the Seton Family of Hospitals. Get a bunch of chaplains into a room and it is hard to know how the spirit will move you-- this can be both good and bad.

2 comments:

Monica said...

i love reading your blog...you are going to make a fantastic minister...wait- you already are...

Rachel said...

I agree, you are doing great with the blogging ... keep it up!

Hope your day goes well today. You are a very comforting presence for people ... I am sure they will appreciate that. I love you.