Wednesday, June 07, 2006

CPE, Day 2

Today we toured Seton Medical center after 4 hours of morning workshops on record keeping, death protocols, and basic entry and exit stratagies. Seton Medical Center will be where I will spend the majority of my time. This is also the hospital where I had surgery a year ago, and where we welcomed our daughter into the world six months ago. I think that I will enjoy being there. Today I visited with seminary friends that were in the process of welcoming their son into the world.

Tomorrow we are touring Brackenridge hospital (the hospital where my brother died 7 years ago). Tonight, my dad and I went up there to walk the halls before I have to show up for "work". It has changed a lot in the past 7 years--I hardly reognized the place.

On a completely different note, we are suffering a different kind of loss tonight. Someone had a pen explode in the community dryer--totally undetectable to subsequent users. I guess I was the next person to use it--and now a whole load of laundry is ruined.

I don't like doing laundry in the first place... but to do it, and have it come out dirtier than it went in is just plain evil.

Can "speckeled" clothes be the new "acid-washed"?-- it would really help us out.


What is really sad is that these were the best of our wash & wear wardrobe--I guess this weekend we will be going on shopping spree!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh David, so so sorry about your laundry loss ... looks like some of the shirts I got for you here, if you like ... I can look for more of the same to send to you.

So smart of you to walk the halls of Breckenridge ... glad it looks different now.

I am teaching 5th and 6th graders about love tomorrow ... using The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, Harry Potter, and the Gospel of Mark. Should be fun!