Thursday, September 06, 2007

Gearing up...

This week I began my position at University Presbyterian Church as the Interim Director of Youth and Children's ministries. I am having a good time. I like the work.

Tuesday we watched this video entitled "Everyday Creativity". I recommend it.






Key Learning Points:

  • Creativity is a matter of perspective.
  • There's always more than one right answer.
  • Don't be afraid to make mistakes.
  • Learn to break the pattern.
  • Reframe problems into opportunities.
  • Train your technique.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY cool--thanks for sharing, and congratulations on your new position!!
Love,
Julie

Karen Wagner said...

Glad to hear you are working and enjoying what you are doing. I will have to check out the video, sounds interesting. I am still in a waiting game in the call process as the churches I have interviewed with deliberate.

Monica said...

david...so glad you are serving somewhere...kick some ass :)