Thursday, March 08, 2007

I call "radical middle"

As I have been looking over many "Church Information Forms" (CIFs) recently, it has become exceedingly clear that we, human creatures, do like to choose sides. Some of us will end up choosing "the left", some "the right"...and as far as I can tell, such decisions DO make life easier...like using a template to aid in some work. (Easier doesn't necessarily mean better.)

Now, If I say that I am slightly left, or slightly right--then I become easily categorized, labeled, filed away, and pigeon-holed. But, through baptism (in death and rebirth), I claim option three... drawing on the best of "both" sides.

At the center of our true identity, we find the sacraments...which continually call us to Christ. It is in this invitation to Christ that we crash into God's good news.

Below you will find links to the web pages of several "movements" within the church. I invite you to be familiar with these templates...but know that these feel, to me, to be mirages in the desert.





No comments: