Friday, March 23, 2007

PC(USA) Ordination Exam results will be released on Monday

There is no prayer in the Book of Common Worship that addresses seminary students waiting for Ordination exam results...
but there should be...

Almighty and merciful God,
I confess that I am anxious about Monday's results.
The knot in my stomach continues to grow.
I am afraid of the chaos that "not passing" this final test would create for my family
and I am uncertain how I could have possibly prepared any more than I did.
But I know that you are with me, and that my identity is not tied up in exams.
I know that it is not about me.
Thank you for teaching me humility, patience and perseverance over the past several months.
Thank you for waiting with me, comforting me, and sustaining me.
As the time comes near to recieve the exam results,
I thank you that, in our day, you are still claiming men and women
for special work within your church.
For all of those who wait... give us hope, courage, and renewed faith.
It is in the name of Jesus Christ we ask. Amen.

1 comment:

Monica said...

david, i will be praying for you over the next few days...i can't imagine the anxiety that you are feeling...i believe in your call to ministry and that you are being held in the grace of God...peace be with you...