Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I know how Angela Lansbury must feel...

The past few days have been rough. I am tired of seeing dead people. Will all of y'all do me a favor and quit kicking the bucket! Really, I don't mind... I would enjoy it if more of you would miraculously recover...

...theology is a lot messier in the real world than it is in seminary...Calvin/reformed tradition is a discipline that may inform regular practice-- but is it viable for flesh and blood encounters? I tend to use "club" theology... I pick up the biggest chunk of grace I can find and beat the hell out of the situation with it. It isn't surgery-- it is primal bludgeoning. It gets the job done...although it may not really be all that pretty.

1 comment:

Monica said...

i think you should write a book about this "club" theology...i know in my neck of the woods, it's about all i can muster to give people....