Sunday, February 17, 2008

There, and back again...

Well... it's all official. Over the past month and a half I have accepted a position as Associate Pastor of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Charleston, South Carolina... met with the Charleston Atlantic Presbytery's committee on ministry, been voted on by the congregation, been examined and approved on the floor of presbytery, put a contract down on a house, and set an ordination date (Pentecost). I'm tired... and excited. This weekend's trip to Charleston was a little crazy... I left Stan's funeral and went straight to the airport. I arrived in Charleston at 11:00 pm and was in bed by 11:45. Then, up at 5:00... at the church by 6:00 for a two hour car ride to Hilton Head. I was supposed to be examined before lunch but things went long. Back in the car by 3:00... to Charleston by 5:30, dinner with my head of staff at 7:00, in bed by 10:00. Up at 4:00 (that is 3:00 Texas time) and at the airport by 5:00. Finally home by noon. Nap time.

No comments: